CareSTAT® Product Insert:
CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel is a water- based hydro gel wound dressing for use in moist wound care management. CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel contains silver that may help inhibit the growth of microorganisms within the dressing.
CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel has been evaluated in standards tests that show it can reduce the levels of common microorganisms including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Candida albicans and aspergillus niger. (USP <51>).
INDICATIONS FOR USE
For topical management of:
- Minor Cuts
- 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
- Skin Irritations
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching the wound.
- Carefully clean the wound using soap and water or an appropriate commercial brand of wound cleanser.
- Dispense CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel onto an appropriate clean applicator (such as a tongue depressor or gauze) in a sufficient amount to liberally cover the wound. Cover the gel with an appropriate secondary dressing cover such as a gauze bolster, dressing wrap, film or non-woven adhesive secondary dressing.
CHANGING THE DRESSING
- Carefully remove the secondary dressing from the wound.
- Residual CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel may be removed with the cover dressing.
- Follow instructions above to re-apply the gel.
FREQUENCY OF CHANGE
CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel should normally be changed every 24 to 72 hours, but the frequency will depend on the type and condition of the wound.
- Consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or questions about the wound.
- Be alert for signs of wound infection. These can include:
- Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound
- Increased redness around the wound
- Wound has become extremely tender
- Increased Pain or swelling 48 hours after the wound occurred
- Onset of fever
- Wound has not healed within 10 days from the date of the injury.
- CareSTAT® Wound Dressing Gel is designed for use on any part of the body except for oral and ophthalmic use. Consult a healthcare professional before using the gel in any other manner.
STORAGE Store at room temperature.